February 20, 2011
A friend texted me yesterday for a white sangria recipe to take to Piedmont Park. This recipe was a hit — the perfect accompaniment to a day in the park!
- Assorted fruit (crushed pineapple, strawberries, peaches, slices of lemon, lime, oranges)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bottle of dry white wine (such as sauvignon blanc or pino grigio)
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine/champagne
Layer the fruit in a large jug and sprinkle each layer with sugar. Let the fruit and sugar sit for about 15 minutes and then pour the wines on top. Refridgerate for a few hours or overnight. Head to the park and serve!
- My Summer Cocktail Swap (fitsugar.com)
- A Box of Wine, a Loaf of Bread-and Thou, Metafilter (ask.metafilter.com)
- Day 283 – 287 : Celebrating Catalonian Style – Barcelona, Spain (travelpod.com)