July 9, 2011
This light chicken salad makes a perfect summertime lunch.
Eat alone, or serve on an English Muffin or Sandwich Thins (my latest obsession) with lettuce and tomato. Round out your lunch with a bowl of soup and you have a delicious, healthy and filling lunch.
Zesty Chicken Salad
Serves four: 6 points per serving
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast (I like to boil and shred, then use stock for a soup)
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 small gala apple
- 1/4 cup dried golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Zest from one small lemon
- 1 packet of Splenda
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- English Muffin Mini Pizzas & Pizza Pasta Recipe (crazyadventuresinparenting.com)
- Healthy Recipe: Whole Wheat Nooks and Crannies (fitsugar.com)