December 20, 2014
Excited to prepare that $100+ organic bird? Or to shave those beautiful black truffles over scallops or rissotto? Or just freaking out over cooking dinner for 15 friends and family for the first time??
Whatever your situation, most people with family coming in town are focusing on preparing that perfect holiday meal. But what do you serve to everyone before the “big event” and before you have leftovers?
I stumbled upon this crazy easy Chicken Stroganoff recipe last week that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of house guests, including kids! There are only five ingredients, six if you count the pasta, and the best part is everything gets thrown in the crockpot!
Now, it’s not the healthiest of recipes, but who are we kidding, your diet is out the window until January 1st anyway. It’s also not the prettiest dish in the world, but sprinkle some chopped parsley on top, and lots of black pepper, and after the first bite no one will care what it looks like.
I do use lowfat cream cheese and whole wheat egg noodles, to make it not soooo bad for you. Also, next time I throw this together, I will add frozen peas, sliced baby bellas and a splash of dry white wine (in the last 30 minutes).
What’s one of your easy, go-to meals to serve when you have houseguests coming in town?
July 31, 2013
This dish is the perfect summer side. It’s easy, colorful, make-ahead and, most importantly, delicious! I like to pack it up and take along to the beach or on a picnic, serve alongside ribs, or make a batch to take into work to have for lunch for the week. If enjoying for lunch, you could add shredded chicken, or boiled shrimp, to make it a little more hearty, or serve alongside a summer soup or salad.
- Chicken Sausage, Peppers and Couscous #WeekdaySupper (cindysrecipesandwritings.com)
- Couscous, Cranberry, and Feta Salad (artichokerecipesbariv.wordpress.com)
- A couscous you might not expect (veganinahurry.wordpress.com)
September 30, 2012
I was very excited about this week’s topic of Dishes in 5 Ingredients or Less, because I just made an amazing batch of these crock pot chicken tacos. Not only does this recipe use only THREE ingredients, but since the meat is prepared in the crock pot, it’s effortless to throw together and comes out extremely juicy and tender. Since I cook for the girls in the office, I love to toss all the ingredients in the crock pot before I go to bed and cook on low overnight. In the morning, I pack the chicken to-go and take it in for lunch.
There is a an endless combination of meals you can make featuring this succulent and zesty chicken. I like to use a wheat wrap and pile on the chicken, low-fat cheese, lettuce, onion, avocado, etc. for a healthy burrito; top shredded lettuce with cowboy caviar, the chicken taco meat, and drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette for a flavorful salad; or make nachos by topping tortilla chips with cheese, chicken, cowboy caviar, lettuce and Greek Yogurt.
Whichever way you choose to serve it; it’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
This recipe is as easy as…
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 16oz. jar of salsa
Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Cover with taco seasoning and top with salsa. Seal the lid of the crock pot and turn the crock pot on low.
Cook for eight hours and serve!
Check out more delicious 5 Ingredient or Less recipes from the #SundaySupper community below!
Join us, September 30th, 2012 as we share our delicious, mouth-watering recipes! Here’s a sneak peak at what everyone is bringing to our #SundaySupper table. Be sure to stay after dinner at 7pm EST as we share our recipes during our #SundaySupper live chat!
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
September 19, 2012
These little apps are great for tailgating or to serve while watching football. The name is especially appropriate for any Georgia Bulldog fans out there :0)
Depending on kick-off time, you can use breakfast sausage (pictured) or hot dogs. If you really want to get crazy, you can add cheese, onions or any others fillings you like. Either way, I promise these little guys will go fast!
Dawgs in a Blanket
- One package breakfast sausage
- Two packages of croissant rolls
Cook the sausages in a pan on the stove until browned. On a cutting board, lay out one uncooked croissant roll, lay a cooked sausage in the middle and roll up. Place the rolled dawgs on a baking sheet and bake according to directions on croissant package. Serve hot!
- College Football Rankings: Georgia Bulldogs Move Up To No. 5 (atlanta.sbnation.com)