May 10, 2010
I made this delicious fritatta at the lake on Mother’s Day — for my mother and grandmother. (Daddy, too) I think roasting the broccoli before throwing all the ingredients together really brought out the flavor. Throw in Patak beef bacon and you’re sure to have a crowd pleaser.
Broccoli, Bacon & Cheese Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Large head of broccoli, chopped into florets and roasted w/ evoo (Use or add other veggies like onions, spinach, asparagus, etc.)
- 2 slices Patak beef bacon (Or about 5 slices “regular” bacon. You can also use ham or Canadian bacon.), cooked and coarsed chopped
Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, 3 tablespoons of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste together in a bowl.
Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the broccoli and bacon, and heat through, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly. Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes. Remove the cover, scatter the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese over the surface. Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then cut into squares. Serve warm or room temperature.