November 21, 2012
Now that Thanksgiving is upon us, everyone is looking for that perfect turkey recipe. The one that will have everyone going back for seconds and thirds until it’s time to crash on the couch and watch football..only to get up a few hours later to make a sandwich with the leftovers.
A dear friend recently shared the recipe her four-year-old son came up with in school when asked to scribe a turkey recipe for Thanksgiving. Although, I do not recommend following these instructions for your Thanksgiving dinner, it is just too cute not to share!
- Oh No She Didn’t! 10 Things You’d Better Not Do, Say, Drink or Wear This Thanksgiving (shefinds.com)
- Web’s Best: Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes (coolmaterial.com)
- Vegan Thanksgivings! Still need ideas? (vegpocalypsenow.wordpress.com)
November 21, 2011
This is a big week for all foodies. Not only do we get to plan an extravagant meal that takes days of preparation, but we also have a few days off which means even more cooking for breakfasts, lunches and, of course, how to incorporate turkey leftovers. Below is what I have planned thus far:
Monday: Crockpot Saucy Italian Chicken (recipe courtesy of The Pajamas Chef)
Tuesday: Lunch for Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup + Homemade Sammie
Thursday: THANKSGIVING Menu
- Specialty Cocktail: Champagne Punch
- Appetizer: Cheese and Olive Plate
- Entrée: Malt Beer Brined Turkey with Malt Glaze
- Sides: Squash Casserole (thanks Mom!); Sage Sausage and Apple Dressing; Pimento Cheese Potatoes Gratin; Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic
- Condiments: Homemade Gravy; Cranberry Relish
- Dessert: TBD — I don’t “do” desserts, so will probably pick something up from the German Bakery
Friday: Leftovers, leftovers and more leftovers!
So what’s on your Thanksgiving Menu this week?
- What to do with Turkey Leftovers (foodonthetable.com)