Memorial Day Maize
May 29, 2011
Mexican CornRecipe adapted from Saveur Magazine’s current issue. SERVES 4
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 ears corn, in husks
- 8 sprigs Culantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 4 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add corn and culantro, and cook (adding more water, if necessary) until corn is tender, about 1 hour. Remove from water and let the corn cool briefly.
Peel back husks and spread 1 tbsp. butter evenly over each ear and sprinkle with 1/2 tbs. cheese and 1 tsp. chile powder. Serve with lime wedges.
- Become the Memorial Day Grill Master [Grilling] (lifehacker.com)
- Memorial Day Cupcakes (brooklyncupcake.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day savings for military members (gadling.com)