January 15, 2012
Not only is butternut squash delicious, it’s loaded with health benefits. This recipe is my favorite winter soup at the moment, I can’t get enough! Not only is it easy and tasty but it’s a great one to make on Sunday and take with lunch for the week…the flavors only get better as they meld in the fridge.
Butternut Squash Soup
Weightwatchers Points: 2
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 cups roasted butternut squash
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter. Stir in flour, dill, curry and cayenne until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the squash, salt and pepper; heat through.
- In a blender, process the soup in batches until smooth. Pour into bowls and serve hot.