Easy Peasy Pesto
August 30, 2012
Pesto is such a flavorful condiment, I honestly don’t know why I don’t make it more often. The variations on this basic recipe are endless and the fact that there’s no cooking involved in preparing it, makes it perfect for whipping up on a hot summer day. It’s so versatile it can be used on pasta, fish or even a burger.
Tell me, what do you like to serve your pesto on?
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and continue processing, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed, until the mixture forms a thick paste. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the Parmigiano. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Linguine with red pesto, Ulysses & the Pillars of Hercules (kitchen-memories.com)
- Parsley “pesto” pasta & blogging about cooking (twospoons.wordpress.com)
- Asparagus Pancetta Pesto Pasta (jennieism.wordpress.com)