Monday Menu Plan
November 21, 2011
This is a big week for all foodies. Not only do we get to plan an extravagant meal that takes days of preparation, but we also have a few days off which means even more cooking for breakfasts, lunches and, of course, how to incorporate turkey leftovers. Below is what I have planned thus far:
Monday: Crockpot Saucy Italian Chicken (recipe courtesy of The Pajamas Chef)
Tuesday: Lunch for Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup + Homemade Sammie
Thursday: THANKSGIVING Menu
- Specialty Cocktail: Champagne Punch
- Appetizer: Cheese and Olive Plate
- Entrée: Malt Beer Brined Turkey with Malt Glaze
- Sides: Squash Casserole (thanks Mom!); Sage Sausage and Apple Dressing; Pimento Cheese Potatoes Gratin; Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic
- Condiments: Homemade Gravy; Cranberry Relish
- Dessert: TBD — I don’t “do” desserts, so will probably pick something up from the German Bakery
Friday: Leftovers, leftovers and more leftovers!
So what’s on your Thanksgiving Menu this week?
- What to do with Turkey Leftovers (foodonthetable.com)